Wednesday, August 8, 2012

217/365

EVERYTHING BUT THE CRIB
I heard through the grapevine that there would be something in the mail when I got home... Word on the street was the new IKEA catalog was out! It may be a little weird that I get such joy out of that but I do. One of my many quirks, I guess.  I've always had a special fondness for that place... so did my Mother - she was a big fan from many, many years ago.  It must be genetic.

I actually kept the last few catalogs... I can't seem to get rid of them. Hoarding tendencies aside, there's a reason for it.  Out of the ones I kept,  the first is from 2006... which was the first pregnancy.  I have every one after that... and all have the pages with the cribs marked in one way or another.

I always debated on them because I was a Little Miss Liberty fan but I have a few pieces from IKEA, still at DH, that I carved and painted (sticks style) which were meant for a nursery. One of the pieces (always being hopeful) with the optional changing table accessories bought for it...

They were well thought out, personal and perfect for what would have been a very wanted addition.  Instead, in the armoire are photos and boxes with every ovulation and pregnancy test, cards and notes, hospital bands, etc...

This was to go on the crib:

I'm not going to lie - the morning of the third miscarriage, the same day he left,  is still a lot to handle.  If it wasn't maybe this would be easier...  and maybe I could throw those old catalogs away.


No comments: