Wednesday, August 1, 2012

210/365

HAVE DOG, WILL TRAVEL
I'll admit, it's not easy traveling with puppy dogs... I know I am a little "over protective" but it is a little limiting as far as what you can do while traveling with a dog.  It's like having a baby or a toddler that needs constant attention. It may be even more difficult. They aren't welcome in many public places... There aren't as many pet friendly homes to choose from...I would never leave her alone in the house if we all go out so, if I go somewhere, she comes with me...   I'm always afraid Lily will run away and get lost in a strange city and I'll have to move there until I find her...  Sabrina is afraid of the hard wood floors so we moved some throw rugs to try to make her a little more comfortable... We moved some ottomans and furniture and have screens as make shift baby/doggy gates... Lily can't do the open backed steps so I'm carrying her up and down to go to bed... She doesn't mind, but my arm is killing me.  ;-)  I'm not complaining. You kind of do what you need to do... or you stay home.

I think Lily Bud fell asleep before we got out of the driveway... I said lift-lift-click-buckle-kiss and got her in her seat belt and she was out.  She hardly made a sound the whole way here and, at one point,  I actually pulled over to make sure she was still breathing.  I mentioned I was a little over protective, right?

RoseBud was a good traveler too and loved to go on adventures...(am I ever going to get back to documenting her travels again?!?) Lily loves her adventures too, though she is a barker... announcing herself to everyone around her.  I would like her to be a little more subtle when she makes an appearance somewhere. She does like to make her presence known.

Anyway, here are the girls today at Black Bear Tavern...
We miss you Vinnie. ;-)

No comments: